NARAL Pro-Choice Georgia seeks an Outreach Organizer to work at the grassroots level to expand reproductive freedom. NARAL Pro-Choice America works to support all Americans’ right and ability to make personal decisions regarding the full range of reproductive health choices, including, yet not limited to, preventing unintended pregnancy, bearing healthy children, and choosing legal abortion.
This is a position intended for candidates who want to work for a mission-driven organization. NARAL’s mission requires us to cultivate new activists, engage existing supporters, and activate critical constituencies across the state. Candidates must demonstrate a willingness and ability to travel frequently and work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports To: Georgia State Director
Positions reporting to this Position: none
This Position Is: Full-time, Non-Exempt, Union | Level: III
● Organize members to volunteer and engage with the organization
● Identify and train member activists
● Create and execute campaign plans with clear goals, strategies, and benchmarks
● Develop and maintain a high level of team collaboration and mutual accountability
● Plan, recruit for, and execute field activities, lobby visits, phone banks, and events for our policy, legislative, and electoral participation campaigns at the city, state, and federal level
● Develop and deliver collateral to NARAL’s digital and fundraising teams
● Cultivate member activists using online platforms
● Engage in coalition work to further reproductive freedom in Georgia
● Candidates must have a strong commitment to reproductive freedom and the mission of NARAL Pro-Choice America
● Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
● Familiarity with digital organizing tools, including but not limited to: VAN, Hustle, Mobilize, and general social media platforms
● Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent relevant experience required
● The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years field organizing experience with a demonstrated record of success, and a deep knowledge of the state’s progressive infrastructure
● Clear understanding of, and a commitment to NARAL Pro-Choice America’s goal of building a political constituency to protect and promote the right of all women to exercise the full range of their reproductive choices, including abortion.
● Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce and sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences is required.
● Must be pro-choice.
Desired Skills & Attributes
● Familiarity with grassroots organizing strategies
● Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
● Success at keeping multiple projects organized
● Flexibility to work weekends/evenings and ability to travel
Salary ranges between $47,000 - $60,900 and will be commensurate with the experience and background of the successful applicant. NARAL offers full benefits, including health, retirement, and paid time off.
NARAL Pro-Choice America does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and three professional references to:
Subject line: Outreach Organizer
Atlanta Organizing Fellows
We are proud to introduce our Organizing Fellowship program for applicants in the Metro Atlanta area.
NARAL Fellows will work with our organizers on the ground in Georgia to engage activists, members, and politicians in the fights NARAL cares about – protecting abortion access, making sure contraception is available and affordable, ending pregnancy discrimination, and securing paid family leave.
As a Fellow, you’ll be on the front lines of issue organizing. Fellows will be trained in organizing best practices and will gain the confidence and leadership skills to make a difference in their communities. We’ll teach Fellows how to talk about NARAL’s issues and how to develop a personal story that relates our fights to our shared values.
Fellows will be held accountable to a set of monthly goals and are required to commit 10-20 hours a week for 12 weeks to the fellowship and fellows will be paid a stipend of $15.00/hour.
• Currently enrolled in or recently completed an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program;
• A strong interest in the political process;
• Strong research, analytical, written and oral communication skills;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment;
• Excellent attention to detail;
• Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Drive;
• General computer proficiency.
Anyone with an interest in issue organizing around NARAL’s core issues and who wants to make a difference in their community is encouraged to apply. We seek Fellows on an equal opportunity basis and are committed to fostering an environment that respects and celebrates diversity and inclusion. Current college students are especially encouraged to apply.
NARAL Pro-Choice America is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity.
To apply, please fill out the form linked to below and contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.